As a Product Manager for the cloud-based Motion Analyzer software, you will act as a leader for your product through every aspect of its journey. From vision to execution, roadmap definition, feature prioritization and external communication and promotion, you shape the future of the tool and help it grow a loyal internal and external customer base. In this role, you'll be involved with product strategy and execution from beginning to end, working with a cross-functional team that includes sales, marketing, legal, product development and engineering as well as partner companies.
Rockwell Automation is looking for an experienced product manager who's passionate about helping our customers size optimal Motion and Drive solutions and design better machines. Ideally, you have a strong understanding of industrial automation machine design, Motion Control, Software development and a keen acumen for new technologies and market trends.
- Manage all aspects of product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities (feature definition to launch and support)
- Develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities to drive adoption and grow the customer base of assigned product.
- Define detailed product requirements based on market needs and industry trends.
- Drive prioritization of the product backlog through collaboration with development teams and software architects.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy to identify opportunities to increase customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Lead new feature development from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, public presentations and competitive analysis.
- Serve as the expert and evangelist for products and features you own and drive.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and according to quality standards.
- Communicate launch plans, status and messaging to marketing and sales team.
- Work closely with UX and user research groups to optimize user centric product features and workflows.
- Be the key contact person for partner companies to drive greater adoption.
- Ability to Travel up to 40% of the time globally.
- Be a strong leader within a cross-functional team, developing the right product and features to fill market needs, and serve as the customer advocate interacting with functional partners including Engineering, software development partners, Program Management, Market Development, Finance, Quality and Legal
- Make appropriate & timely decisions based on current information and ensure adherence to existing company policy relating to delegation of authority
- Lead development and implementation product roadmaps and improvements
- Be a spokesperson for the Kinetix Motion Business when traveling with Sales Division employees and/or customers
- Take an active role in the development of customer success stories and commercial marketing collateral as it pertains to the value proposition of Motion Analyzer
- Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures
- Display dedication and concern toward completing work correctly, thoroughly and in an appropriately timely manner
- Be very open with management and peers, and conscious of keeping other members of the team up to date on status of work
- Communicate timely and regularly with project teams to ensure that they have all of the information required to successfully implement projects
- Interface and provide direct input with other RA product groups such that the corporate business goals are aligned
- Interface appropriately with vendors and partners to ensure features and requirements are implemented in a timely and responsible manner
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Product Management, Commercial Marketing, Sales, Development Engineering or controls system development experience in the Industrial Automation industry.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience of software development methodologies.
- Extensive experience in a product marketing role within the Industrial Automation domain. Project/Program management experience is a plus.
- A passion for helping customers, rigorous analytical skills and ability to distil market and user behavior down to the core essence.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to comfortably interface with all levels of an organization
- Experience communicating cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Devens - Massachusetts, East Setauket - New York, Eden Prairie - Minnesota, Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.