When submitting application materials, cover letter and resume must be combined into a single attachment
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for the UW-Madison, is recruiting for an experienced marketing professional to join the marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing marketing support and intelligence by leading the execution of marketing plans to achieve specific business goals, drive engagement/advancement, and promote the WAA/UWF brands. This role ensures successful and timely completion of projects through utilization of project management software and ensures all activities support the WFAA’s mission and the program’s strategic direction.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (www.supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (www.uwalumni.com), whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
Leads the execution of marketing strategy touchpoints
- Works with marketing managers and other stakeholders to develop detailed tactical plans for use by the cross-functional teams for each campaign and communications vehicle.
- Establishes centralized coordination of all project management processes using appropriate tools.
- Communicates project requirements, priorities and schedules to all parties involved.
- Reviews and advises on creative marketing materials.
- Coordinates development, production and delivery of marketing collateral.
- Manages the integration of “modern campaign” development –next-generation and integrated marketing communication strategies and programs.
- Ensures seamless integration across channels.
- Proactively identifies project issues and seeks out solutions.
Monitors and tracks key performance indicators
- Inputs metrics into system to measure KPI.
- Works with registration unit and database managers to establish monitoring system and data transfer processes.
Synthesizes and mines relevant data to help inform insights
- Collects and summarizes qualitative and quantitative customer data from multiple sources.
- Mines and researches secondary sources including, but not limited to, social media channels, consumer feedback channels, and industry/trend reports.
- Identifies trends related to consumer experience and variations across time periods, geographies, and customer segments.
- Assists in coordinating the flow of data/information between internal teams and external partners.
Assists in process and development of marketing plans and strategies
- Delivers appropriate business rationale and analysis to support specific program/event/communication opportunities.
- Identifies target audiences and develops segmented list criteria for marketing communications.
- Assists in the development of marketing and creative briefs.
- Explores opportunities and ideas for cross-channel development.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full time, exempt position reporting to a Marketing Manager. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit program.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to:
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Wednesday, May 3.
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer