Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building game attendance through the development of the Red Black One Pack campaign
- Implement group tickets strategic plan and actively sell group tickets for both hockey and basketball programs (men’s and women’s)
- Develop and maintain group contact databases to increase attendance at basketball and hockey
- Develop and improve relationships with student groups and campus offices to drive interest and attendance for athletic events
- Assist with implementation of in-game planning and promotional efforts by overseeing the writing of PA scripts, executing on-court/ice promotions, coordinating timeouts, and setup of special events and gameday
- Design promotional material to be distributed throughout the Northeastern community
- Provide support to spirit groups including dance, cheer, pep band, and mascot team
- Train and supervise a team of 30+ student workers and interns
- Support the sponsorship and development offices in activating partners and execution of events
Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree and currently be enrolled or eligible for enrollment in the Northeastern’s Master of Sports Leadership graduate degree program. Please go to the following link to review enrollment information for the graduate program: http://www.cps.neu.edu/degree-programs/graduate/masters-degrees/masters-sports-leadership.php
Hands on experience with Adobe Creative Suite is desired as well as experience in a sports marketing role, either collegiate or professional. Applicants must be able to think creatively, work independently, and possess strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills. Additionally, the candidate must be able to work with little supervision and exhibit a detail/customer service focused mindset in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Office hours and event coverage are required. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Employment is contingent upon admission and enrollment in the graduate program. As a condition for retention, the GA must remain in good academic standing within the graduation program
- Experience inspiring athletic, educational and personal development opportunities through the core values of leadership, critical thinking, the concept of "coach as educator," appreciation of difference, and community service.
- Explore a variety of functional areas within an NCAA Division I athletic program and engage in the practical application of theories and practices that are relevant to their graduate academic coursework.
- Gain hands-on experiential learning opportunities that will strengthen their own leadership skills and competencies.
- Develop an appreciation of working with student-athlete populations to ensure their success and personal growth both academically and athletically.
Applications are now being accepted with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2017. Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to:
Assistant Director, Marketing & Promotions
Northeastern University Athletics
360 Huntington Avenue
219 Cabot Center
Boston, MA 02115
Deadline to submit is May 19, 2017.
If your candidacy is selected, you will be reached out to for a formal interview.