The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine located in Philadelphia, is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead ACP’s marketing team and create and deliver multi-channel marketing strategies that support the organization’s brand and business objectives and strategic priorities.
The Director’s primary responsibilities include:
Working collaboratively across the organization to develop, implement, track and optimize marketing efforts and promotional campaigns for various products, programs, services, including membership.
Translating business goals into marketing objectives and strategies that facilitate growth, retention and engagement by leveraging insights from data and setting clear metrics for success.
Overseeing and managing marketing and promotional budgets to deliver against goals.
Leading, developing and coaching marketing staff for creative, productive and effective results.
Making recommendations on marketing approaches to respond to changing business environments and market trends.
Overseeing and managing organizational email strategy and email marketing automation platform, testing and optimizing data segmentation strategies, and ensuring best practices in email marketing.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any of the following classes: veterans, any disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.
A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is required. An advanced degree in business or marketing is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have eight or more years of progressive marketing management, staff and budget management experience, with a demonstrated track record of success.
Candidates must possess strong leadership skills and have:
• Experience in developing a corporate marketing strategy within a team setting for multiple products and programs and that supports a complex organization.
• Experience in web marketing/online marketing and understanding of new media technologies and mobile technologies. Demonstrated experience in using and managing an email marketing automation platform.
• Strategic and critical thinker with the ability to analyze situations, identify and troubleshoot problems, recommend solutions and problem solve complex issues across diverse audiences.
· Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, with ability to recognize emerging market trends, estimate market sizes products, forecast sales and revenue, evaluate competitors, develop corporate and program specific marketing strategies, in-depth market research, and make recommendation for new product, program, and service initiatives.
· Ability to direct multiple projects at one time and lead team to work across departments and functions to meet shared objectives. Ability to prioritize short-term projects and long-term goals, organize time and identify resources for projects.
• Superb communication, project management, collaboration and negotiation skills.
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is the largest medical-specialty organization and second-largest physician group in the United States. As a national organization of internists — physician specialists who diagnose and treat adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness, our mission is “to enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of medicine.”